Dermapen Fractional Rejuvenation
We are proud to now offer Dermapen, an advanced skin needling treatment. Skin needling is a skin rejuvenation treatment that restores collagen and elastin through your body’s own natural healing process.
Dermapen skin needling is useful for:
- Skin tightening, natural collagen induction, lifting and rejuvenation
- Heals acne scars and wound healing
- Improves wrinkles and fine lines
- Open pore minimisation
- Improves stretch marks
How does Dermapen work?
Dermapen instigates collagen induction through the delivery of needles into the epidermis and dermis levels of your skin. The incisions cause micro injuries to your skin and encourage your body to regrow and repair the damaged skin through collagen induction. The body’s ability to remodel and heal itself is at the heart of this amazing product and because the process never involves heat or thermal energy or other chemicals or unnecessary trauma, the skin can quickly heal with almost zero downtime.
Benefits of Dermapen:
- Dermapen is much safer and more effective in piercing the skin than other traditional skin needling rollers due to its unique vertical needling technology.
- It has a superior effect on collagen and elastin rejuvenation. Active ingredients are directly supplied to the deeper layers of the skin.
- Dermapen’s multi-speed and adjustable needle depths allows the needles to pierce the skin’s layers at 90 degrees and increases the effectiveness of treatments by increasing the absorption of products. On the other hand, it reduces pain and patient downtime.
- Dermapen can effectively treat hard-to-reach places (e.g. around the eyes, nose, and lips).
- Because of the vertical delivery, the needles can easily penetrate scar tissue which can be hard to treat with traditional skin needling methods.
- Dermapen promotes scar-less healing and natural collagen reproduction, similar to fractional laser treatments, IPL, laser resurfacing, and chemical peels, but without the side effects and downtime.
Rejuvenation 4-6 treatments 4 weeks apart Acne scarring 6 treatments 6 weeks apart Stretch marks 4-8 treatments 4-6 weeks apart
For optimal results we recommend a period of effective active treatment creams such as Vitamin A, C or Resveratrol to allow the skins strength to build up.
Typically, you will see results after the first treatment. Lasting and more significant results will occur after 4 to 6 treatments. Your skin will continue to improve over the next 6-12 months after a course of treatments and when combined with the recommended post care treatment.
For minimum needle depths Dermapen treatments are painless. For treatments over 0.5 mm deep we apply a topical anaesthesia cream 15-40 minutes before treatment and that will render the treatments pain free.
Generally no, but you may experience facial redness for 12-48 hours after the treatment. Most people are able to return to normal daily activities immediately after the treatment.
Its recommended to leave at least 5 days pre and post filler injections